Fire suppression system with fluid 3M®NOVEC 1230® or fluid FK5112
Fire Protection Fluid 3M®Novec 1230® is a clean and economical fire suppression agent and falls into the category of clean agents regulated by NFPA 2001.
Fluid FK 5-1-12 is commercially known as 3M® Novec 1230®, MH5112®, Luke5112™ and Orient 5112™ Fire Protection Fluid. Safe for living beings and non-aggressive to the environment, it is indicated for projects that require LEED certification (which adopt Green Building practices).
Fire Protection Fluid 3M®Novec 1230® or FK5112 extinguishes fire through the cooling effect, acting as a gas even if it is fluid at ambient temperature. Easy to handle and transport as it is not stored or transported in pressurized cylinders.
Fire suppression systems with Fluid 3M® Novec 1230® or FK5112 allow more efficient use of space when compared to inert gas systems.
Fixed Fire Suppression Systems with Fluid 3M® Novec 1230® or FK5112 designed and installed by SMH SISTEMAS uses clean agents / gases and equipment certified by UL, FM, LPCB, VDS, CE, AENOR and IPT.
Main benefits of the Fire Suppression System with Fluid 3m® Novec 1230® or Fluid fk5112
- Saves lives and it is safe for occupied spaces.
- Protects assets without damaging property or equipment.
- It does not conduct electricity.
- Extinguishes fire faster than water and no post-fire residues.
- Environmentally friendly, that is, it is not aggressive to the ozone layer and does not contribute to global warming.
- Regulated by NFPA 2001: Standard on Clean Agent Fire Extinguishing Systems.
- Suitable for projects that require LEED certification.
- It has the shortest lifetime of alternative halocarbons in the atmosphere (only 5 days).
- Zero ozone depletion potential (ODP).
- No restrictions on use by environmental protection agencies.
Operation of the Fixed Fire Suppression System with Fluid 3m® Novec 1230® or Fluid fk5112
- 3M® Novec 1230® Fire Protection Fluid or Fluid FK5112 is stored in steel cylinders connected to a properly dimensioned hydraulic distribution network, provided with diffusers at its ends.
- The dimensioning of the network, quantity of extinguishing agent for fire suppression and diffuser diameters are obtained through hydraulic and isometric calculations elaborated in a specific software and with international approvals.
- The total discharge of the fire suppression agent takes place within 10 seconds after the firing which can be: manual, manual / automatic or automatic by smoke or heat detection.
- The fire suppression system with Fluid 3M® Novec 1230® or FK5112 acts uniformly in the protected environment, completely flooding the environment, fighting the fire principle by remaining active in the environment for up to 10 minutes.
Typical Applications of Fixed Fire Suppression System with Fluid 3m® Novec 1230® or Fluid fk5112
Essential for the protection of environments that house data, equipment or goods of high added value and that require continuous and uninterrupted operation, such as:
- Data centers, internet service providers, internet hosting sites, telecommunications facilities, hospital facilities, control rooms, clean rooms, electrical rooms and replacement of existing Halon 1301 systems.
SMH Sistemas® serves the entire national territory with its own highly specialized team.