Fire suppression system with gas / Clean agent FM200 / HFC227
HFC-277ea fire suppression gas, commercially known as FM200 ®, NFAS227® and MH227E® is used in fire suppression systems worldwide and falls into the clean agent category, regulated by NFPA 2001: Standard on Clean Agent Fire Extinguishing Systems (International Standard for Clean Agent Fire Extinguishing Systems).
HFC227 or FM-200 was the first non-aggressive option for the ozone layer to replace Halon 1301. It is suitable for extinguishing class A, B and C fire and when discharged does not leave residues, particles, water or corrosive materials on the goods or equipment, which can be removed from the environment by simple ventilation.
In addition, HFC227 or FM-200 does not obscure vision, does not cause suffocation and is harmless to people present in the area, characterizing itself as an environmentally correct fire suppression agent, safe for people and equipment.
It is recommended for fire protection in environments that house high-value equipment and data vital to the operation of a company, such as data centers, control rooms, internet providers, generator rooms, machine testing rooms, surgical centers, collections documents and document archives, among others.
Fire Suppression Systems with HFC227 or FM-200 designed and installed by SMH SISTEMAS use clean agents / gases and certified equipment UL, FM, LPCB, VDS, CE, AENOR and IPT.
Main benefits of the Fire Suppression System with clean agent FM200 / HFC227
- Saves lives and it is safe for occupied spaces.
- Protects assets without damaging property or equipment.
- It does not conduct electricity.
- Extinguishes fire faster than water and no post-fire residues.
- Environmentally friendly, that is, it is not aggressive to the ozone layer and does not contribute to global warming.
- Regulated by NFPA 2001: Standard on Clean Agent Fire Extinguishing Systems.
Operation of the Fixed Fire Suppression System with HFC227 / FM-200
- The clean agent HFC227 or FM-200 is stored in steel cylinders connected to a properly dimensioned hydraulic distribution network, provided with diffusers at its ends.
- The network dimensioning, amount of fire extinguishing agent and diffuser diameters are obtained through hydraulic and isometric calculations elaborated in a specific software and with international approvals.
- The total discharge of the clean agent HFC227/FM-200 occurs within 10 seconds after the trigger, which can be: manual, manual / automatic or automatic by smoke or heat detection.
- The fire suppression system with HFC227 / FM-200 acts uniformly in the protected environment, completely flooding the environment and fighting the beginning of fire.
- The agent remains active for up to 10 minutes, preventing the start of a new combustion.
Typical Applications of Fixed Fire Suppression System with HFC227 / FM-200
Essential for the protection of environments that house data, equipment or goods of high added value and that require continuous and uninterrupted operation, such as data centers, internet service providers, internet hosting sites, telecommunications facilities, hospital facilities, control rooms, clean rooms , electrical rooms and replacement of existing Halon 1301 systems.
SMH Sistemas® serves the entire national territory with its own highly specialized team.