Suppression Systems with CO2 Application
The system which uses as extinguishing agent the carbon dioxide is exclusively indicated for sites without the presence / human circulation due to its existing oxygen absorption effect in the environment.
The carbon dioxide system may be installed as follows:
- Total flooding for environments not occupied by people.
- Local application, wherein there are points presenting high risk of fire.
- With directional valves, that is, one sole cylinder set installed in a small drum provided with directional valves which will lead the extinguishing agent until the place of the accident.
- The CO2 system is composed by cylinders which store 45 kg of carbon dioxide. The infrastructure is built with SCH40 and SCH80 pipes provided with high pressure connection with NPT screw thread.
- The storage pressure in the cylinder is 60 bar.
- The cylinders are activated by solenoid valve head and remaining accessories for its perfect functioning.
- The cylinder automation is made through the addressable or conventional fire detection system.