Suppression Systems with Novec™ 1230 Application
The Novec™ 1230 Fluid manufactured by 3M is a clean and economic fire extinguishing agent. Safe for living beings and non-aggressive to the environment it is indicated for projects which demand LEED certification (which incorporate Green Building practices).
The Novec™ 1230 Fluid achieves the extinction through the cooling effect, working with a gas even if it is liquid at the temperature of the ambience.
It is easy to handle and transport, for it is not stored or carried in pressurized cylinders.
The Novec™ 1230 systems allow a more efficient utilization of the space, when compared with the inert gas systems.
Novec™ 1230 suppression systems applied by SMH SISTEMAS® use clean agent and certified equipment UL, FM, LPCB, VDS and CE.
Operation of the Fixed Fire Protection System:
- The Novec™ 1230 is stored in steel cylinders connected to a hydraulic distribution network duly dimensioned and provided with diffusers in its tips.
- The network sizing, extinguishing agent quantity and diffusers’ diameters are obtained through hydraulic and isometric calculations elaborated with a specific software and with international certifications.
- The total agent discharge takes place in up to 10 seconds after the firing which might be: manual, manual/automatic or automatic by smoke or heat detection.
- Novec™ 1230 system acts uniformly in the protected environment, totally flooding the environment and extinguishing the beginning of the fire. The agent remains active for up to 10 minutes, preventing the start of a new combustion.
- Data centers, critical environments which demand continuous and non-stop equipment operation, internet hosting sites, telecommunications facilities, hospital facilities, control rooms, clean rooms, electric rooms and replacement of existing Halon 1301 systems